The Evenflo Tribute 5 DLX Convertible car seat combines safety, comfort and ease for the ultimate value in child restraints. Compact in size, the Tribute provides a great vehicle fit while providing side impact protection. With a plush head pillow and integrated body cushion your child will ride in comfort while you're on the road. Protecting children is our core mission at Evenflo. For almost a century we have been a leader in safety, innovation and education. Knowing that one in four automobile accidents are side impact collisions, we believe it's important to go beyond the current government standards when designing the next generation of Evenflo car seats, including the Tribute 5 DLX. Side impact tested. Meets or exceeds all applicable federal safety standards and Evenflo's side impact test standard designed and tested for structural integrity at energy levels approximately 2X the Federal crash test standard Multiple-Shoulder Harness positions for better fit and longer use. Upfront harness adjustment and buckle release allows easy and convenient adjusting Integrated body cushion gives added comfort to baby and an easily removable head pillow for older children.
- Amazon Sales Rank: #81 in Baby Product
- Color: Saturn
- Brand: Evenflo
- Model: 38111190
- Released on: 2012-09-04
- Fabric type: 100% Polyester
- Number of items: 1
- Dimensions: 25.00" h x 17.00" w x 18.00" l, 11.65 pounds
- Side impact tested; Meets or exceeds all applicable federal safety standards and Evenflo's side impact test standard
- Designed and tested for structural integrity at energy levels approximately 2X the Federal crash test standard
- Multiple-shoulder harness positions for better fit and longer use
- Upfront harness adjustment and buckle release allows easy and convenient adjusting
- Integrated body cushion gives added comfort to baby and an easily removable head pillow for older children
Most helpful customer reviews
223 of 228 people found the following review helpful.
Great car seat, has everything you need!
It's a great car seat! We were on a budget so price was the primary reason for choosing this car seat, but it turned out great! The seat fabric might not be as nice and cushy as more expensive ones, but my 6-month-old is perfectly comfortable and well protected in this seat. No unnecessary bells and whistles to make it bulky or heavy!
- Light-weight and narrow. I'm petite and not very strong at all, but it was very easy for me to get it in and out of my car or carry it up and down the stairs. It's pretty narrow so I bet you can fit 3 of them in the back of a Sedan!
- Easy to recline. There's a piece underneath the seat and all you have to do is to just flip it forward for rear-facing, and flip it backwards for forward-facing. You can not recline the seat when the car seat is already installed in the car, but most likely you will be using it for one kid and won't have to adjust the recline all the time so it's not a problem.
- Easy to adjust the shoulder strap height and crotch buckle position. You do need to rethread them, but it's super easy to do.
- Front adjuster for shoulder strap length. You just push the button in the front of the seat and pull the shoulder straps to loosen them, put the baby in the seat and do the buckle, and then pull the strap on the adjuster to make it nice and tight.
- Comes with a latch system and a tether. We don't use this but it's a nice option to have. And there are little loops on the back of the seat to hang the latches and tether when not in use, so that they won't strangle the baby or hit them.
- Comes with a little head support for the small one.
- The head support and the low-back/bottom part of the seat cover are made of vinyl type fabric, so it's easy to wipe clean.
- The whole seat cover comes off easily and machine washable.
- The cupholder that comes with it is pretty flimsy and doesn't attach very securely to the seat. And the instruction manual said not to use it for plastic cups but only for paper or foam cups. Since the rider will only be using a plastic sippy cup, I don't think this cupholder is very practical.
That's the only con I've found so far!
Couple of things:
- When you install it rear-facing with a seat belt, you have to remove the front part of the seat cover to reveal the slots where the seat belt goes through. The front part is attached with a little plastic piece on both sides, so you do need to use a little bit of force to remove it at first. This was a little tricky for me at first so I thought I'd mention it.
- It does rear-facing from 5-35lbs, and forward-facing from 20lbs (and at least 1-year) to 40lb. I use it for my 6-month-old rear-facing and it works great. The other day, I used it for my 2 1/2 nephew, and the seat seemed to sink to a deeper recline position because of his weight (29lbs), which was not very comfortable for him. So I think to use it for a bigger kid rear-facing, you should probably make the seat non-reclined.
- There's an arrow on the side of the seat that's supposed to be level with the ground. My car's back seat is at an angle so I had to put a rolled up blanket underneath the seat to make it level.
127 of 140 people found the following review helpful.
I dont personally have kids, but in order to steal my nephew for an afternoon I needed to get a nice car seat that my sister (first time mom) would approve of. She personally paid over $300 for her car seat and she told me there was lots of swearing and sweat as her husband attempted to install their expensive top of the line car seat. I paid pennies for this car seat and it was super easy to install, had good reviews already and was super easy to take in and out of the car. My nephew is comfortable and its really easy to pull him out of the car and put him in. I also must say that this seat is compact. My sisters expensive car seat makes it impossible to sit other people in the back seat cause its sooo overly bulky. But this car seat is slimmer without loosing out on any protection or padding. I can fit 2 people NO problem in the back of the car. I highly recommend this car seat to any new parent or an aunty looking to have a spare car seat!
94 of 104 people found the following review helpful.
See all 260 customer reviews...
Good value priced car seat choice.
This is exactly what I was hoping it would be, a decent basic car seat that could stay in our 3rd vehicle, that is easy to use and adjust for our front facing toddler.
Why I like it:
Easy to use strap tension adjustment
Does what I need it to do without paying for a bunch of extra bells and whistles that I did not need
What it lacks, or why I did not rate it 5 stars:
The box states Made In The USA, but closer inspection of 2 labels on the opposite side of the box show the seat and cover are both made in China. This deceptive labeling really ticks me off, and I would not have bought the seat had I seen this in person before purchase just for that very reason, despite the fact that every car seat I can find is also made in China, the deception is infuriating.
It is rated as a rear facing seat for 5-40 lbs, but does not come with any additional padding for an infant on the low end of that range. A small baby would be swimming in this seat and not secure in my opinion. My other convertible seats came with additional layers that were added or removed from the seating area to accommodate these size variances. Since my son is already a toddler and pretty big for his age, this was not a problem for me when purchasing this seat, but I can certainly see it being an issue for someone intending to use it for a smaller rear facing infant, and believe it should be noted.
The cup holder is barely adequate. Again not a deal breaker for me, but worth mentioning if this is a feature that is important to you.
Also worth mentioning is that this seat cannot be used as a booster with a vehicle seat belt. While this is not really a con so much as it is just the style of design, it is worth considering that there are many forward facing seats that do include this option, and will extend the useful life of your car seat. For me, I already have several booster seats from my older son, so this also was not a big concern for me. I would say the ideal age range for this seat would be about 1-3 or 4 years old (depending on the size of the child).
If the spartan features of this seat appeal to you, I recommend it, it is a good choice.
||Baby Car SeatsBaby Car Seat: Graco Baby Car Seat, Graco Infant Car Seats. Find top Graco baby car seats that offer safety and durability for your little one while on the go. A versatile convertible Graco baby car seat adapts as your child grows, to help keep them safe for years.